Sep 25, 2009

Bright light in Times Square!

Almost two months ago, we received this very exciting e-mail from the National Down Syndrome Society....

Congratulations! After a nationwide search, the photo you submitted for the 2009 NDSS Times Square Video has been selected! The video will run in Times Square in the heart of New York City on the MTV plasma screen on Saturday, September 26, 2009.

The day has finally arrived! Tomorrow his darling picture will be shown in a special video presentation the morning of the New York City Buddy walk! This wonderful event helps to promote acceptance and inclusion of all people with Down syndrome. This year about 2500 photos were entered, and only 226 will appear in the video
. The National Down Syndrome Society envisions a world in which all people with Down syndrome have the opportunity to enhance their quality of life, realize their life aspirations, and become valued members of a welcoming community. I will be so excited when my DVD arrives in the mail!

We are very excited to be attending our first Buddy Walk here in Salt Lake City tomorrow as well! It has been so much fun planning our team and watching his team grow! Pictures are soon to come!

GO TEAM JUSTIN!

13 comments:

The Lehnick Family said...

Awesome Emily! Can't wait to see him shine! Love you Justin! have fun at your buddywalk!!!

Jeana said...

That is so awesome! Such a cutie

Kristin said...

So cool Justin! See ya tomorrow :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you, your family and your handsome little man. That is awesome!!! I bet you are super excited about the DVD. I know I would be

I'm Mindy. said...

That still amazes me that he was chosen!! He is so stinkin cute!! GO team Justin!

Stephanie said...

How could they not choose that sweet face. How cool! Can you see it online or just in person?

Corinne said...

I'm not surprised at all that he was chosen. He is so cute!
Hope to see you guys tomorrow at the Buddy Walk!

Cathy said...

That is so cool Emily! I know some of my internet friends are going to be there.

Derek, Kenzee and Gage said...

NO WAY! That is such an exciting day tomorrow! Have fun and I'll look forward to pictures!

Kim said...

How cool, too bad you can't all be there to watch it in person that would be really fun. He is a total cutie.

Michelle said...

OF COARSE he was selected! Look how stinking cute he is. That is so amazing to be chosen. Congrats to Justin for being so cute and congrats to you and Tyler for making him that way! Call me over when the DVD comes. I'd LOVE to see it!!!

Suzie said...

That is SO AWESOME!!!!!

Tracey said...

That is so exciting! That picture of him is so cute, I don't know how they could have NOT picked it!