Jun 11, 2009

Seriously people!!

I will be venting in this post... if you don't want to hear it, stop reading now!

I had a few things I needed to get today. I loaded Brynn and Justin into the car and headed to my second home....
We had lunch together and grabbed our items when we noticed a few sprinkles coming down on our way out the door. I decided to run and load the car before it really started to pour. Brynn climbed in the car herself through the back while I loaded. I was halfway done when it went from a light sprinkle... to THIS! Yes... Hail!


I was parked in a stall that was on a little bit of a hill. I had to hold the cart with my foot while I used both hands to load. Justin was still buckled in the shopping cart. I still had half of my groceries in the cart! What was I to do?! If I let go of the cart to put him in the car, my cart of things would have run down the hill.


We used the back of the trunk as a shield (which didn't work!) while many, many people ran right passed us for cover. One man in his truck two spots down slowed down for a split second and watched us, then drove away! Someone else had the audacity to put on their blinker and WAIT for my spot! NOBODY would help me. We were soaking wet. Brynn thought life was great inside of the car! She looked a little something like this....


but my poor little Justin was doing a lot of this. People ran, watched, and waited... but no one even offered to help.

As soon as I made eye contact with one of the cart guys running for cover... he ran my direction and took the cart from me. I was soaked, Justin was soaked (and screaming), but Brynn was happy! (thank goodness!) I called Tyler immediately to tell him my story. And I warned him.... If you EVER see this happen to someone else.. HELP THEM!!!

Side note - I did see the sweetest teenage boy with Down syndrome waving a flag the entire time his Mom was shopping. He made me smile!

The End


16 comments:

Maryellen said...

That's terrible! Your pictures to show how Justin and Brynn were reacting were pretty funny though.

Denise said...

Oh you poor thing!!! You have reminded me to be more mindful of if I see someone in this situation. (Hopefully not me) Believe it or not, we actually had some hail here in Cali last week. Not usual for us but kind of fun!!

I'm Mindy. said...

What...You have got to be kidding!! Honestly, when did everyone become so self centered that we cant help someone in need!!

Stephanie said...

I'm sorry, that stinks. I was just commenting the other day, how stinkin' rude people can be. No thought behind their actions or in your case no actions at all.Most people don't realize how one small act of kindness can help sometimes.

Alan Anderson said...

How frustrating. People should lend a hand when someone is clearly needing help. Your picture of Justin is priceless though - too funny!! I can't believe this weather - doesn't even feel like summer yet.

Cathy said...

There really should be a required class in school that teaches common courtesy. Sorry you had to go through that. However, your pictures of the kids made me laugh despite the rude people.

Blessed with Boys said...

Oh no!!!!!

Kim Pedersen said...

Sorry! I have been in a situation like that and it is frustrating! If I saw you I would have helped! :)

deesha said...

I would have held my umbrella over you and your sweet baby boy! (Since Brynn was entertaining herself! haha) Although I have to admit that I try to avoid Costco :)

Suzie said...

WHAT???? No one helped you? That is so sad....This is a cute post though:)

Michelle said...

People suck! Seriously. I am so sorry. I would have helped if I had been there. That was probably the ONE day I wasn't there. Like you, I feel like Costco is my home away from home. Ha ha!

Alan Anderson said...

Emily,

Our cardiologist recommended that we have the sleep study done on Carter - but our pediatrician had to request and order it. We had been told from the beginning that Carter would probably need his tonsils and adenoids out to make his airway bigger before he was two years old. He is still on oxygen at night and our cardiologist doesn't feel comfortable taking him off the oxygen until he had this sleep study to see if now is the time to have the tonsils and adenoids out. He feels that if Carter had more room in his airway he could keep his oxygen saturations up enough to remove the oxygen. He also snores a little bit so they are checking for sleep apnea. So many things to watch out for ha? It seems we go from one test to another to another.....

Kristi and Carter

Tricia said...

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. I would have helped you!

must say your post was fun (loved the picture of Justin...how can a screaming kid be so adorable??)

Tausha said...

Wow, that is just awful, some people these days just don't get it do they. And....what is up with hail in June? This weather is crazy!!! Sorry you had to go through that.

Kim said...

That stinks!
We went to Piggly Wiggly (not sure if you've heard of it) yesterday. They still have the bagger take your groceries out to your car and load them in. It is so nice!

Loved the visual aids to help. So cute!

Misty said...

That sucks but it is something that years from now you are going to die laughing about, right?

Do you have a Durango?