Apr 28, 2009

My rock!

Down Syndrome Creed Pictures, Images and Photos

I absolutely LOVE this! I had a not so good week a few weeks back. I was told by many people that I would have my ups and downs caring for a child with Down syndrome. I had my first "down" time... and for no particular reason. I just did. I guess it comes with the territory. None of my feelings were anger or upset with the sweet child I was given, but frustration for him and the challenges he will face. I felt very alone that week. But I am so good and 100% okay now! I had to remind myself that attitude is a decision. How could I possibly be feeling so overwhelmed when my sweet little boy is so full of happy smiles that brighten everyone around him, including me?! With all that said.... I have decided to not go private after all. I have stumbled upon some amazing families through blogging. I would love to be there for someone else who was looking for some encouragement just as I was. I am so thankful for my little Justin. He is my rock!

16 comments:

I'm Mindy. said...

Oh Emily...that poem is so sweet. What a great reminder. I am sorry you had "one of those weeks". Please know that you can call me anytime. Of course, I dont truly understand what you are going through...but I am here for you!

Maryellen said...

I can only relate from a teacher's viewpoint but I can say that Justin is soooooooooooooo lucky to have you. He is going to have the best life possible because of you.

You are such an inspiring person and your family is amazing.

Suzie said...

That was beautiful and very sweet Emily!!! :)

Michelle said...

I loooved that poem! It made me cry. I guess there will be ups and downs, but if anyone can handle them and come out stronger, it's YOU!!! You are amazing. I am so glad you aren't going private. Mainly because I knew you could possibly touch others and they might not be able to find you. NOT ANYMORE! Yeah! I love you Em...

Misty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Misty said...

What a great poem. You are the perfect Mom for Justin and Heavenly Father knew that! You are special for having him and he is special for having you! =)

I think you are smart for staying public! You can touch others through your trials and triumphs!

Kim Pedersen said...

That is so sweet. I know that you are strong enough to get through them!! Justin was sent to you because you are an AMAZING woman!

Wendy G. Atkins said...

quit making me cry!!
i love you!

Kim said...

You are one awesome mom with a totally incredible little boy. He is lucky to have such a wonderful family to love and take care of him. Glad you decided to not go private. I am glad you are feeling better.

heather said...

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. You have a darling family--beautiful girls and baby boy! I look forward to following your blog as well. :)

Lacey said...

I'm glad your not going private. Everytime I think of Jax and feel sorry for him and myself, that beautiful face just makes it all go away.
BTW, I hope you fired your pediatrician that wouldn't listen to you.

Stephanie said...

What a beautiful, beautiful family, I have a little one with DS also.It's amazing isn't it! I do understand those moments, but you get passed them and then it's just amazing again. I look forward to following your family. And by the way, no house with 4 children in it could possibly be boring.(Read that in your lockdown post).

Monica Crumley said...

I totally agree with attitude being a decision! I decide everyday to be a positive face and advocate for my little guy. I figure, if I'm not, how will misperceptions ever change? Thanks for sharing. PS: It's OK to have "down" days as long as there are more up days...

jodi kay said...

I like that poem! It was really sweet! I hope you don't mind if I borrow it! I'm glad you are doing better.

Tausha said...

I loved the poem you shared, I hope you don't mind if I borrow it. I to have down days once and awhile but am still okay with everything, I think it's normal. I went private as well at one time but then missed new people finding our blog that have kids with DS, I love meeting new families and learning from them so glad your not going private. If I had stayed private I wouldn't of found your family and sweet little Justin. He and Sam are so close in age which is fun to see their progress.

NatRat said...

Oh Emily...these days will come and go. You will just love the kids to death (always will) and then you will have days when you think what was Heavenly Father thinking, I can't do this (I have had a lot of those lately). But then they do something that just makes you remember what they are all about and how lucky you are to have one of his special children. Your doing awesome!! Call me and we can chat it up all the fun and difficult moments of our cute children.

His birthday looked like so much fun! What a stud.