Down Syndrome Creed
My face may be different
but my feelings the same.
I laugh and I cry
and take pride in my gains.
I was sent here among you
to teach and to love.
As God in the heavens
looks down from above.
To Him, I’m no different,
His love has no bounds;
It’s those here among you
in cities and towns
That judge me by standards
that man has imparted,
But this family I’ve chosen
will help me get started.
For I am one of the children,
so special and few ,
that came here to learn
the same as you.
That love and acceptance,
it must come from the heart.
We all have a purpose,
though not the same start.
The Lord gave me life
to live and embrace.
And I’ll do it as you do
but at my own pace.
-Unknown
My face may be different
but my feelings the same.
I laugh and I cry
and take pride in my gains.
I was sent here among you
to teach and to love.
As God in the heavens
looks down from above.
To Him, I’m no different,
His love has no bounds;
It’s those here among you
in cities and towns
That judge me by standards
that man has imparted,
But this family I’ve chosen
will help me get started.
For I am one of the children,
so special and few ,
that came here to learn
the same as you.
That love and acceptance,
it must come from the heart.
We all have a purpose,
though not the same start.
The Lord gave me life
to live and embrace.
And I’ll do it as you do
but at my own pace.
-Unknown







11 comments:
I love the Down syndrome creed. I first read it on your blog and it is perfect! Happy Down syndrome awareness month :)
Wow...I love that!
Beautiful poem and beautiful picture of your boy.
That says it all! Cute picture of Justin! We love Down Syndrome Month!!!
We LOVE this Down syndrome Creed as well...so touching!
What a great picture to go with the Down syndrome Creed :)Your son is beautiful!
Such a handsome boy! Happy ds awareness month!
That is awesome!!! He is such a doll and such a good example to so many people!
That is such a gorgeous poem. It's so true! I only wish the media would talk more, or AT ALL, about Down Syndrome awareness. It needs to be talked about because it's very important. We all LOVE little Justin and are thankful for his presence in our lives. xoxo
That picture is STINKING ADORABLE!!!
I love that poem, never get tired of reading it.
And Hello!!!! Justin looks like such a big boy in that picture.
Hi. Just came across your blog as I was browsing. Can I just say that Justin is SO, so, soooooo cute! Oh my, that smile. :) Love it! Love the Creed too, even though I have little experience with Down Syndrome. Stay strong!
Post a Comment