Sep 10, 2008

I'm still growing...

1. School is back on for the kids.  I've realized why I enjoy the "off track" times much more than the "on track" ones.  I expect a lot from my kids, maybe too much.  I am working so hard to be patient and calm during during homework hour.  I love my sweet girls and want them to remember the good times we share, not the nasty hour that we dread!

2. My husband might not separate laundry the way I do, clean the way I do, vacuum in straight lines like I do, or get the kids to bed the second I want them in bed, but he DOES it all the best he can!  I LOVE him for that! Who says my way is the right way anyway!?

3. I have been working on growing our food storage for years. 12 to be exact!  In no way am I near the year supply we've been asked to have, but at least I have tried.  For that I am thankful because it doesn't take a catastrophe to need to break in to the food storage!

4. Money is fun when you have it, but when you run short,  you realize quickly how much you don't need as much as you thought you did.  All that matters is that you have your family.  They are what I hope to take with me anyway!

5. Words are just words.  Actions can help people.  I want my actions to speak louder than my words to every person around me!  

6. I LOVE YOU all and I'm still growing...

6 comments:

Michelle said...

WoW! You totally got me emotional. That was sweet! You are WAY more amazing than you think. I love you too! :)

I loved the zoo pics. They were too cute!

I'm Mindy. said...

You are so right!! Why cant we just enjoy the simple things of life? I find I make it harder than it needs to be.

You are such an amazing Mom. It shows with your kids!

Jackie said...

Thanks a lot, you got me all choked up and stuff. That is definatley a lot of stuff to think about, and something that I needed to hear right now.

Richelle Gailey said...

Isn't funny how times like this get us thinking extra, extra hard? Crazy I say. Well like the others...I got choked up too. Maybe it's cuz I already cried to you yesterday. I second what Michelle says...you ARE amazing. Love you.

Kim said...

Awesome post I loved it, congrats on your growing, I think you will help others to grow through it, me included.

Misty said...

You are awesome!

I totally get the money thing right now! I used to be able to buy pretty much anything I wanted, within reason and now I'm lucky if I have enough for gas. =) I am also learning that money doesn't buy you happiness. I am just glad that we are healthy and happy. Things could be worse!