So there is no school today (yahoo!), my oldest is in bed with a ruptured eardrum (poor thing), and it's a little dreary outside (ok.. a lot. Ugh). I am so ready for summer, and this is why...
i can get a pedicure and actually enjoy looking at it
i can walk the kids to school
i can take walks... period!
i can leave the house faster than I can in the winter
my wood floor stays clean
my carpet stays dry
i can buy a bunch of flip flops and only spend $20
my flowers bloom (well, sometimes)
we can go boating
my laundry load seems lighter
i actually see my neighbors after the winter hibernation
slurpee pit stops (we do that in winter too)
taking the kids to the park
opening my blinds and feeling the sun
watching the kids play outside
summer clothes are much cheaper than winter clothes
i can put the winter clothes away!
i can take a vacation anywhere and be happy (which I am doing soon!)
Anyone else ready for summer?!







15 comments:
All great reasons for summer! We are actually having a nice day here finally. Sunny and 57 degrees. Hoping your daughter gets to feeling better soon!
I am so hearing you, Summer does sound so wonderful right now. We at least have the sun shining here and I am seriously going to send the kids outside, because it is that nice of a day. I hope you have a sunnier day tomorrow and that April's ear gets feeling better.
I'm with you! So ready to be able to go on walks, push the kids in the wagon and stroller, swimming, sunshine, flip flops, sweaty heads, sunburns. Bring it on!
Oh sooo ready! I'm so sick of snow and cold I could scream. And my boys have been off track since Christmas, so I'm going to kill them soon!
I am SOOOO ready for summer too!!! Alexis is starting to get really grumpy and she always wants to go outside. That is really sad about April's ear! I sure hope she gets on the mend soon, because ear things are so painful! When the weather's nice we should all try to get together!!!
I'm so ready. I mean really after Christmas is there any reason for cold and snow?
I soooo hear ya Sistah!! I know I can't compare our Texas weather to your weather, but none the less... it is dreary, cold, wet and boring! We are counting the days right along with ya!!!
oooh ooh i am i am!
I am so with you on this!! Whenever there is even a slight warmth coming from the sun I bundle Gage up for a walk to the park... I just miss it so much! So sorry to hear about the ruptured eardrum, I sure hope she gets feeling well really soon
I am so ready for summer but here in Minnesota, I know it will be quite a while! We are thinking of a vacation somewhere warm to get away from the snow and cold for a short tme!
Ahhh...Summer cant come soon enough! Hope April gets better soon. NOT FUN!!!
amen!
You said it all. I miss summer so much! I miss the smells of summer especially! Like fresh cut grass, or summer mornings. It looks cleaner outside in the summer as well. The only time I like the snow is when it is fresh and clean, so only for like five minutes, then I'm over it. Do you think if we all wish long and hard enough it will come faster this year?
I HATE the winter! I am SOOOOOOO ready for summer!
I love all those things you look forward to for summer - especially the pedicure part!! What fun is brightly colored toenails if you can't see them. Glad to see you guys a couple of times this week - your kids are so cute (especially that Justin boy!)
Post a Comment