Jan 1, 2010

2009 memories...

First off... Happy 2010 to you all!
I did our year end review last year in a poem... I'm not feeling that creative this morning! So here is our 2009 year in review month by month!

(picture taken 01/09)

January

Well... a typical January I'd say. Cold, cold, cold. The start of 2009. Lots of playing with Christmas toys!
February
Justin finally had his PDA closure! We were very relieved to get it done! It was a great success!
March
No more oxygen for Justin! Took a family trip to To Bakersfield CA to visit Grandma and Papa. Also went to Monterey Bay!
April
Tyler and April turned one year older!
May
Justin turned the big ONE. Summer was in full force! Took another trip to California to see Kyle after serving a 2 year mission!
June
Taylee and Brynn turned one year older! I met some blog buddies for the first time! Justin began his army crawl, and 13 years of marriage!
July
The girls finished 1st and 4th grade! Yep... you know it! Another trip to California! I met two wonderful blog buddies there too!
August
The girls started 2nd and 5th grade! Yippee for super teachers! Summer was quickly coming to an end... Justin had his follow-up cardiology appointment - all is well!
September
Brynn started pre-school! She was nervous... but she LOVES it! We went to our first BUDDY WALK! It was fabulous! Justins picture was part of a slide show in Times Square on the MTV plasma for the New York City Buddy walk!
October
The one year mark of finding out that Justin had Down syndrome. We look forward to all the years ahead of us! I hosted my first Down syndrome get together at my house and can't wait for many more of those! Of course... Halloween fun with my cuties!
November
Hmmm.... lots of food and thankfuls! April started school choir!
December
I turned one year younger, Justin finished up OT, PT, and ST with a lot of success! Christmas with family was wonderful!

All in all... 2009 was a good year! I look forward to 2010 and hope everyone finds peace and happiness in this new year!

9 comments:

my family said...

what a great year and many more to come

Kristin said...

Happy one-year-younger birthday!

I'm Mindy. said...

Yeah!!! What a great year. Cant believe the changes in all your kids.

Maryellen said...

Happy New Year to you as well! I think it's awesome that your whole family turned one year older except for you.

:)

Stephanie said...

Beautiful summery. Looking forward to following you and your family in 2010!

Derek, Kenzee and Gage said...

What a wonderful year! Happy New Year to your family! And I love the Christmas pictures, what a PARTY!! So much fun to have so much family around. So funny thing, Gage got the same PJs for Christmas as Justin did AND he got the same airplane thing you sit on, except his has pooh bear! I saw them and thought, wait, that entire picture looks really familiar! haha So glad the holidays were wonderful for you all.

Lacey said...

Man Justin doesn't look that different from last year! Here's to a great year and lots of get-togethers!!

Kele said...

Nice Em! Looking forward to sharing 2010 with ya!

Michelle said...

What a great year for you all. It amazes me that everyone got older last year except YOU! How do you manage to get younger and can you teach me? LOL