Jan 2, 2010

Yikes!

Do you know what this means?!

Yep... I drove one more mile and now my car is officially considered old. Worthless. Depreciated. A money pit. I'm begging you car... PLEASE, please don't become a money pit. I don't plan on turning you in, so I don't care that you've depreciated in value. I need you. I want you!

For all of our 13 years of marriage we have always had two cars, but only one car payment. Mine. I have been naughty and always trade my cars in after every few years. I want my car paid off! I will have this car paid off! I would love to have NO car payment! Hang in there for another 100000 miles! Won't it be cool when I can blog about the 200000 mile mark! (look, I can dream... can't I?! I'm driving this sucker into the ground.)

17 comments:

Kristin said...

My car is about to flip 125,000 miles! My hubby is sure I'm going to get stranded somewhere, so he wants me to get a new car this spring, but it has been sooo nice to not have a car payment (his is paid by his office thank goodness).

On the playdate... if you think more people would come out to your neighborhood, I'm not opposed to another playdate out your way. I'm not sure where most people live... we have preschool or dance until 11:30 M,T,W.

Cathy said...

We just made the last payment on our Honda. The van is paid for. Having that extra money each month is going to really help us out. Unfortunately, the van is over 100,000 and the Honda is getting there.

Meghann said...

This just made me and my husband giggle! Our car just flipped 179,000 and we're hoping for many more miles!

My name is Sarah said...

hey my mom just did the same thing. maybe we can see who can get to 200,000 first:)

Cara and Gerriss said...

That's so awesome that you were able to catch that. I always have wanted to in my cars, (although I have never owned a car that has that low of miles on it) but I would've liked to catch a turning point but I always forget. That is so awesome! I hope it lasts 100000 more miles too.

Derek, Kenzee and Gage said...

That is awesome! Way cool you noticed and took a picture when it happened!

I'm Mindy. said...

Cute post!!! I am sure your car will be with you for a while longer!

Stephanie said...

You can do it! Just be kind to your car and it will last forever.LOL. Good Luck!!!!

Lacey said...

Hey, if its a Honda or a Toyota your good for another 100,000. ;)

Wendy G. Atkins said...

yeah mine is somewhere around 145,000! but i think it's funny you took the picture while you were still in Drive. I hope you weren't actually driving when you took it! haha

Tausha said...

That is awesome. I love to see people drive cars into the ground and get all the use out of them that they can. I love that you took a picture of the odometer, that is awesome!!

jodi kay said...

So great! I love that you got a picture of it! I really hope you can get another 100,000 out of it!

Kele said...

I know about driving a car into the ground... or atleast Mike does, 150K plus miles, cracked windshield and duck tape on the front head light, lol!
I will look forward to that 200k mile post ;-)

The Lehnick Family said...

Too funny...my tahoe just hit 100,000 2 months ago and I shot the SAME picture on my cell phone...I was sitting at a red light and looked down and noticed it...so I took a shot! Hope you get many more miles...ours is starting to show us signs that we may need to buy something else...We just paid my husband's car off, but still have 2 years on the tahoe...UGH!

Kim said...

I know the feeling! We just paid our van off this past spring~we are at 156,000 and I just keep praying that it keeps running!

Michelle said...

Oh nooooooooo! I dread that day. I hope the car keeps plugging along for you. :)

ParkerMama said...

Driving a car into the ground sounds like something I'd do! Here's to NO car payments.

If you pay this car up and then save up the payment for a new car before, you only have to do this once.....then you will always have the money for a new car in the bank!

woot!