May 25, 2010

Wedding in CaLiFoRniA!

We were lucky enough to make a quick trip to California this past weekend to see my brother and Sarah get married!

But let's not forget the two that "introduced" them in the first place! That's right... this is me and my good friend Michelle, who happens to live down the street! She is the sister of the bride... and I am the sister of the groom!

When I said quick trip... I meant it! We left Utah Thursday afternoon and caravaned with my sister and her family... (Brynn graduated that morning!)

and headed straight to Mesquite to stay overnight to help break up the trip a little!

Needless to say, the kids had a BLAST! We will definitely stay at that hotel again! From there we met up with my brother and his wife and hit the beach! Corona Del Mar was gorgeous! I've been to many California beaches... but somehow missed this one! LOVED it! (thanks Tara!)

And so did the kids! The weather was just right! Justin didn't want to get out of the water even though he was shivering like crazy!

Their wedding in the LA Temple (Saturday) couldn't have been more perfect! They are a gorgeous couple and the weather was beautiful!

The reception was gorgeous! I really wish I would have taken more pictures. I hardly took any. Maybe because my sister was the photographer, so I figured I'd get copies!

It was short... but it was perfect! We packed up and hit the road Sunday morning. I am so thankful for my awesome family and friends and look forward to creating memories with the newest member of our family! Welcome to the crew Sarah!

16 comments:

Runningmama said...

Looks like such a fun vacation even though short.

Meghann said...

Looks like you used ever second of this mini trip to Cali! Your family is so dang cute!

I'm Mindy. said...

What a great trip!!! That does look like a fun hotel...might have to try that one.

Wendy G. Atkins said...

geeze ian and i should have traveled with you! what was i thinking booking a shoot in BAKERSFIELD the day that everyone did fun things?!
ugh. oh well.. i'm going to the beach next month!

Kristin said...

Way to start off the summer (if it ever comes) with a quick roadtrip!

Kelli said...

Looks like you guys had a great time together! Those trips are the best!! :)

Carlye Momma said...

How fun!!! I love that you and Michelle are now family :-). SO cute! What hotel did you stay at in Mesquite? (did I miss that part?) Looks like a blast!!! Road trips are my fave! CONGRATS!

Derek, Kenzee and Gage said...

What a fun time! And that is awesome you and your friend were the match-makers! Looks like it was a great trip, even though it was really quick! What a beautiful couple!

jodi kay said...

It looked beautiful! I'm glad you got to make it down there for it. I recognized that temple as soon as I saw the first picture...makes me so homesick! The beaches...aww! Glad you got to enjoy it! Your new sister in law is lucky to join a great family! She looked amazing and your brother looked very handsome!

Lacey said...

What a great quick trip! We are leaving next friday for a wedding in LA also!

my family said...

what a classic look of Justin in the car seat, Catherine just said that is what William does in his car seat, lol. Looks like a great trip, too bad it was so short but great memories

Monica Crumley said...

Awesome photos! I am sooo jealous AND you passed us by on the freeway as you went through Sacramento! Awwww! Corona del Mar was "our" beach when I was a kid growing up in So. Cal and it's still beautiful. Glad you had a great time. Justin is adorable in his car seat and on the beach.

Alan Anderson said...

That last picture of Justin is cute! What a fun quick trip! We are doing well over here (well except for that dumb CPAP machine). Hope your family is also doing well!

Tracey said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! I'm glad it was beautiful weather for their big day. Congrats to Kyle and Sara!

Tausha said...

That hotel looks like alot of fun. Glad you made it there and back safetly. It was good to catch up on how your all doing. I have been so busy lately and haven't had much time to blog or read blogs at all. Glad things are going well.

Michelle said...

Yes, let's not forget US! lol. Mega props to us. :)
What a fun little trip. I'm glad you guys had fun. Corona Del Mar is my #2 beach. It's beautiful! Next time you visit you should go to my #1, Laguna Beach. It's the best! I won't go anywhere else. It's a little farther than Del Mar, but totally worth it. That was so fun watching our babies get married. They are adorable and will have a beautiful life together, no doubt. We're family now!!! Kinda. :)