As I looked out my window this morning I saw the most horrific thing! SNOW! I decided to write a post about why I LOVE summer!
i can get a pedicure and actually enjoy looking at it
i can walk the kids to school
i can take walks... period!
i can leave the house faster than I can in the winter
my wood floor stays clean
my carpet stays dry
i can buy a bunch of flip flops and only spend $20
i wear sunglasses as a headband when it's a bad hair day
my flowers bloom (if I'm lucky)
i can go waterskiing
my laundry load seems lighter
i actually see my neighbors after the winter hibernation
making slurpee runs
taking the kids to the park
opening my blinds and feeling the sun
basking in the sun
watching the kids play outside
summer clothes are much cheaper than winter clothes
i can put the winter clothes away!
i can take a vacation anywhere and be happy
What is there not to love about summer?!







6 comments:
Thank you for reminding me of all the wonderful things that will eventually make it to Utah!
I am so hearing you and feeling the same way. I too am longing for the good old outdoors, kids playing all day outside, riding bikes, taking walks, and enjoying nature. I hope it comes soon.
I agree! Summer needs to stay longer and winter needs to be shorter or nonexistent. :)
Whoa, it's cold for a long time in Utah. Your summer list is great and that's the sweetest picture of your girls.
I ditto all that! I don't know why each winter seems to get harder and harder for me. Bring on the heat!
I am reading this, freezing, at my computer! Winter seems especially long this year. I would like to also add that in summer, my hands (and my kids') are no longer dry and cracked from the cold!
Post a Comment