Dec 9, 2009

Little sucker!

Okay... this is so exciting to me! If you read my last post, you can see that J-man finally got the concept of holding his own cup and actually drinking from it! HUGE step! (which just happened Friday!) We went to Speech Therapy yesterday. She wanted to start teaching him how to drink from a straw. (among other fun things as well) She warned me that it would take time. Possibly several therapy sessions. Who knew that it would only take FOUR tries in a 5 minute period! YIPPEE for my little sucker! He really wasn't wanting a drink, but I HAD to get it on video! I am so very proud of my little man!

20 comments:

I'm Mindy. said...

Yay...I cant believe how much he has been able to accomplish! Keep it up Justin!

Lacey said...

Whoa Justin is going light speed with his development. Way to go Justin!

Corinne said...

YAY for Justin! That is great!

Denise said...

Once again, Justin, you are so impressive!!! Keep up the good work.

Kristin said...

Go Justin!!! I love his cheering section in the drinking from a sippy video in the previous post!
Dr. Durham just told me this week to start taking Max to the Sandy PT. He said too much funding has been cut from the state DDI/EI programs & we should probably do our own thing...

Derek, Kenzee and Gage said...

YAY Justin!! :) And those cups are my very favorite, they can be thrown on the floor once they are no longer interested and not make a very big mess cuz they don't spill very much! Perfect! I am so proud of Justin, I remember how cute it was when you were telling us he loves drinks and right when you said "drink" he looked up at you like "WHERE?!" haha! I miss him.

The Lehnick Family said...

Way to GO! Now come and tell Brayden that it's ok to sip from a straw...the moment he gets a sip, he sooooo doesn't want the drink...I have only tried milk and water...not having it...are you putting anything else in his cup?
So proud of you Justin!

Stephanie said...

Way to go Justin! there's no looking back now! This kid is on a roll!!

I just love it when it all comes together and you're standing there in complete surprise... like, no way!!

heidi marie said...

YEAH!!! so exciting, way to go justin!

Wendy G. Atkins said...

Woo Hoo!

jodi kay said...

Good job Justin! That is so much progress for him in such a little time! Way to go team Justin!

Cathy said...

Yay Justin...way to show 'em!!!!

ParkerMama said...

Woot! Too exciting! So happy for you. Keep up the great work, Justin.

Maryellen said...

Super cool!

Kele said...

WAY TO GO JUSTIN!! That is sooo awesome Emily! Hooray for all the recent strides!!

Meghann said...

Wow, he's just busting out all the skills! Justin, you're my hero!

Michelle said...

He is such a smart little boy. Great job Justin!!!

Monica Crumley said...

Awesome! I love reading about firsts and some big milestones. Way to go. Thanks, too, for your lovely Christmas card. LOVE IT!

Anonymous said...

Yea Justin...our little man! :) Well done buddy. You need to come give some lessons to your friend, Preslie! :) Love and miss you guys. Hey will you email me your address again for Christmas cards, I cannot find it! :)

Kim said...

Hooray! Just think how easy it will be when you go out to dinner.