Mar 25, 2010

I'm SO glad...

I'm so glad when daddy comes home,
Glad as I can be;
Clap my hands and shout for joy,
Then climb upon his knee,
Put my arms around his neck,
Hug him tight like this,
Pat his cheeks, then give him what?
A great big kiss.




.... or something like that!
We are all singing this song by the end of the day!
It might not look like "a great big kiss," but there sure is a whole lot of lovin' going on! I absolutely love watching their little faces light up when Daddy walks in the door!

22 comments:

Lacey said...

I was going to ask you if you got CHIP or anything for the kids since you had to drop your insurance. I was talking to my case worker with IHC and asking why some people's premiums go way up and some, like ours, didn't. She said its individual plans that get hit. But she told me if Justin goes more than I think 60 days with no insurance, when you do get insurance he will have to go through some waiting period before he will be covered. I can find more out about it if you want, unless you have found something.

Denise said...

That is a sweet little song. Question...does Justin not fall off the couch? I see him sitting there and if that were Ella, she would still have no concept of not going by the edge.

kecia said...

isn't it the best? My kids are like that too when my hubby gets home....I love it!

The Lehnick Family said...

Love this song! I sing this with the kids too! LOVE DADDY time! No way could I do that at the end of the day...Cute pics and cute post!

my family said...

such sweet pictures, my girls love when daddy gets home from work too

Derek, Kenzee and Gage said...

How cute, I love that Justin is so happy with the remote while everyone else wrestles around! What a special thing, I remember doing the same thing with my dad and having tickling wars and stuff, your girls will never forget that! What a blessing to have such a wonderful husband and dad!

I'm Mindy. said...

Ahhh...cute! They all look so happy to see their daddy!

Stephanie said...

That is so sweet. And look at Justin sitting so nice!

Monica Crumley said...

How sweet, indeed. My kids are the same way... well, at the least the younger two are. THe older two are usually in the middle of homework. Sometimes they like to get up and hide and then scare the pants of him. But there's no doubt that everyone is glad when he's home. I'm his #1 fan :-)

Carrie said...

This is a favorite song at our house too! Love it! Nice to meet you!

Runningmama said...

Awesome pictures! Our favorite time of day is when Daddy gets home too :-)

Meghann said...

This post instantly made me giggle! What a fun family moment. I can't tell who won- the girls or daddy? ;) I love how Justin is just chillin', what a stud!

Cathy said...

Absolutely precious!!! Love this post.

Maryellen said...

That's so sweet! You have an awesome family!

Nishant said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kele said...

Isn't the evening DADDY ATTACK the best!! Yup, your sweet sentimental Daddy kisses look like ours, a big ole plop on the head with a pillow or tackle to the groud, all while Mama safely watches from the couch, lol!!

Bethany said...

That looks like our house. LOL. Seriously, mom goes down the drain once daddy gets home -- that is ok with me! LOL

Tausha said...

Hey, I gave you a blog award, now you will have something to blog about. :-) Got to my blog to get it.

jodi kay said...

So sweet! Those pictures really are priceless!

Alan Anderson said...

So cute and I love that Justin is sitting on the couch with the remote - that is exactly where Carter would be too! And we count down hours till Dad comes home too!

Carrie said...

I just saw your comment on Heather's blog that said you were just called as Primary Pres--me too! I will be sustained after General Conference. If you have any fabulous ideas (especially for getting our Sr. Primary to stay reverent) let me know!

Carlye Momma said...

I love it! I feel the same girly.