Dec 15, 2008

Kiddo Updates!

It's time for some much needed updates on my sweeties!

APRIL -  Every year the school has a "reflections project." The theme this year was "WOW."   Being the artist that she is, she chose art and came up with the fun eye catching WOW picture. She did awesome and was even given an award!
She is definitely in the pre-tween stage if there is such a thing!  I know I went through a million outfits in the morning before I chose the one I would wear for the day... but I recall being at least 13.... not 9!  Luckily she is a sweet girl and has even taken up a lot more baby-sitting for Mom and Dad! She's working hard for that cell phone! (little does she know it will take many more years...)
TAYLEE - She also chose art for the reflections project and also won an award! I had a flower arrangement on the table and she sat there and put it to paper very nicely!
She is doing an awesome job reading!  She has always had an interest and can't wait to read before bed.  She is on her 3rd chapter book!
Lucky for me - she trusts what I pick out for her to wear... and wears it proudly! 

BRYNN - Oh the fun loving, firecracker of a child.... She amazes us daily!  She is wild.  She is busy. She is determined. She is Brynnie! But she always tells us how much she loves us all day long!  She is my partner in crime.  She loves to shop and eat out just as much as me!
We are working on getting her to realize that she has a bed of her own.  I never thought I would have to share my bed with my 3 year old AND my husband. We have her wrapped up like a burrito in mom's blanket so she feels me around her at night.  I doubt it will work, but it's worth a try!

JUSTIN - Oh my sweet little J-man!  He had his first echocardiogram last Friday. The Cardiologist was thrilled to tell us that he only had 3 minor issues.  I kept thinking - THREE?! They told us to feel very thankful with the results.  He has a very healthy heart! He has been ordered to be put on oxygen when he sleeps for several months up to one year.  I would love to explain why... but this medical stuff really confuses me!  It has something to do with the pressure that is being put on his lungs.  He has to go in for a procedure (date not known yet) to close up his PDA.  A valve that should have closed before birth that didn't.  It's a simple out patient surgery, so we are thankful for that!  He is still a happy little boy who now says dada too! (all that matters is that he said mama first!)

6 comments:

Heidi said...

They're all just darling and it's so fun to hear updates! :)

I'm Mindy. said...

CUTE POST!

I love that the girls did art for reflections!! Nicely done!

I cant believe that Justin is now saying Dada...

Tracey said...

Fun to hear what your kids are up to. They sure are cuties! Hope all goes well with Justin's surgery! Does he do okay wearing the oxygen? I think Alexis would constantly be trying to pull the tubes off, she's a very curious child!

Maryellen said...

Your kiddos are awesome!!!

deesha said...

Your girls are so artistic! I got your text about Justin and haven't had time to respond, but thanks for the update! Your kids are all so cute! You should be proud!

Kim said...

Fun to hear what hte kiddos are up too. It looks like you have some little artists on your hands. Keep everyone posted on Justin's surgery.