So after today I'm thinking being cheap isn't so cool! Here's why.... we finally got the boat registered in Utah and ready for boating. We thought we would take it out on the lake before heading to California just to make sure it's all running right. Plus, we were told to break in the new engine. Perfect day to do it! We rushed out the door early this morning to fit it in so that Tyler could make it on time to work today by noon! As you can tell by the pictures we were all loving it! Tyler was taking us WAY out on the lake just to enjoy the ride. Only about 5 minutes into the ride the boat slowed down until it came to a stop far, far, away in the middle of the lake. We were the ONLY boat out there that early. Hmmm... what could it be. Those dang mechanics didn't fix our boat after all! After sitting there contemplating who would swim and who would row, we decided to call good old Brett and Richelle hoping they could bring their boat out for a search and rescue party! Luckily they were kind enough to do that for us! Tyler asked him to bring some gas just in case, doubting that was the problem. He put some gas in the tank, but by that point it was overheated. Brett began towing us and we hear a scream from Tyler, "it started!" Um.... we had run out of gas! It's not so cool to be so cheap! Next time we will top off the boat no matter what! Thank you Brett and Richelle for the rescue!
1 day ago







7 comments:
Oh dang...Emily...That is quite the story!! Sorry you had such a hard first day.
But think...some day, you will laugh about this! (if your not already). Have a great time in Cali.
Love the pics!!
Holy cow! That sucks! Thank goodness for a nice sister and brother in law, huh? I'm disapointed in your pictures. No shots of you in a string bikini? COME ON WOMAN!!!! LOL. Have fun in Cali. Love ya! I'll miss you...
Too funny, thank goodness that Brett and Richelle were able to come, can you just imagine trying to entertain four kids until someone found you. Hope the boat runs smoothly next time and have fun in Cali.
Emily that blows!! When are you coming back!?(: Oh and Shelly and I went to Smiths just now and she pointed your sister..Alisa? Lisa? sorry...I just had a brain freeze(: have fun in toasty cali!!!
That's too funny...Danny went out on his buddies boat just the other day for a boy's boating trip and they ran out of gas pulling the boat on the way home. Good ol' gas! =)
I so love this boy!!! I miss you too much and I'm so totally addicted to blogspot now! Thanks for introducing me!!!
Ha ha - I love it!
Post a Comment